1 Cor 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
Ten things I’ve observed about mature people:
- The Quality Of Their Stability – Mature people are not up and down, hot and cold, love you and hate you, save and not saved, want to be involved, don’t want to be involved.
- The ability to live life while they have questions – Life becomes more complicated the more you live. As a child you need simple answers to hard question. There are some things that are not always black or white – or yes or no – Mature people understand that and will endure things without getting any answers!
- Have the Ability to Function within Structure – You’d be amazed at how easy it is to find mature people – simply by adding structure to something! Mature people like structure.
- Recognize the Need for Accountability – Children have to have accountability and authority forced upon them. Because they’re not mature enough to recognize the fact they need it
- They know the Difference Between Discretion & Transparency – You have to exercise discretion in life. Children will tell everybody everything When you’re immature you just spill you’re guts to everybody – and when you’re mature you don’t tell your business to everybody. Most of the time we just tell this stuff to the convenient people. They just happen to be there, when we got hurt, slighted or just need to vent.
- Understand the Ordering of Relationships – Children don’t know how to prioritize their relationships. This is why they can meet somebody for 15 minutes and they aren’t stranger anymore. It takes some life experiences to realize that everybody does not belong on the same level in your life.
- They’ve Learned How to Hear the Word of God Objectively – They know how to take the Word and apply it to their life. When you take things in the word of God and twist the things that you hear to fit your life style or to validate what you want to do.
- They Have Transcendent Thinking – Everything isn’t about you. You come to church and you don’t come for your own good, but you come to actually worship God. It’s transcendent thinking.
- They Value Counsel & Correction – Most people don’t want counsel. They keep asking people until they find somebody that will agree with them. No correction seems valuable at the time.
- They are Able to Work with Imperfection Until Perfection Comes. – There is no perfect church, no perfect job, no perfect husband, and no perfect wife. Mature people are able to work with imperfection until that which is perfect shall come.
Just some things to think about. Be Blessed!